From the brief:
“In this module you will investigate spaces in many and sometimes unusual ways. You will go beyond the norm, zoom in, record, experiment and create innovative ideas from your findings.
- You will investigate, analyse and re-discover spaces, dimensions and ergonomics.
- You will collaborate with an international university remotely.
- Alongside drawing, measuring, ideas forming, making, understanding body and space through observation, drawing, surveying, recording; you will interact with space and peers through experimentation, discussion and teamwork.
The module will teach you creative thinking, technical skills, deeper knowledge of space, ergonomics, materials and basic skills”.
- Create a series of experimental photographs, drawings and film from movement showing evidence of spatial, ergonomic and technical understanding/awareness.
- Working individually and in groups, student learn about different ways of working with the body, space and movement, line and drawing etc.
- Comparing and sharing this work between the schools has been educational, experimental (materials, processes) and social (networking with peers in a different location).
Students from Coventry and Rensselaer PI collaborated by making movement portraits – establishing visuals by experimenting with movement, ergonomics, line drawing, photography and film.
The work produced has resulted in a series of photographic works, line drawings and experimental mixed media works. This is being collated and will be showcased online and digitally on screen.