– to develop an understanding of the health care system in Italy and the UK
– to develop an understanding of different nursing roles and competencies in the context of Italy and the UK
– to critically discuss similarities and differences of the delivery of one nursing procedure in the two countries by referring to evidence-based practice
– to improve students’ digital competency
– to help students improve their language skills and intercultural awareness
The project leads are Ambra Righetti and Jason Pritchard from Coventry University and Laura Fornoni from the University of Genoa.
Task 1: the development of a collaborative document with the description of the different nursing roles in the context of Italy and the UK with a particular emphasis placed upon the role of the children’s nurse followed by the critical discussion of the different job roles and the impact on the local health care system.
Task 2: The creation of a video with Italian and British students carrying out the same nursing procedure with subsequent critical discussion and reflection on the similarities and differences by referring to evidence-based practice.
Type of interaction: discussion forum, collaborative document building, video creation and critical discussion