“Nothing is harder on the soul, than the smell of dreams, while they’re evaporating” – Mahmoud Darwish
A collaboration between Coventry University & American University Beirut in the form of an on-line project shared between two modules teaching the production of poetic documentaries. Students and staff from the two courses built intercultural dialogue through interactive teaching & learning resources. Focus was on the visualisation of radical poetry with students collaborating on a series of short films.
Aims of Project
- By looking at the poetic expression of writers of the global south the students were exposed to the experiences of the region.
- AUB is a secular University with students from Middle east with tri-lingual multi religious and multi ethnic background who collaborated with Coventry University students with their own race and class backgrounds.
- Shared awareness on current social political conflicts in the Middle East and its relation to UK international policy.
- Textual analysis essay of poetry and motion documentaries
- Series of poetic documentaries
- Continuous blog comments and reflection on work in form of on-line community across both modules