Facebook is a social networking website where users can post comments, share photographs and post links to news or other interesting content on the web, chat live, and watch short-form video. You can even order food on Facebook if that’s what you want to do.
Shared content can be made publicly accessible, or it can be shared only among a select group of friends or family, or with a single person.
Facebook’s success can be attributed to its ability to appeal to both people and businesses and its ability to interact with sites around the web by providing a single login that works across multiple sites.
Unlike some social network sites, Facebook does not allow adult content. When users transgress and are reported, they are banned from the site.
Facebook provides a customizable set of privacy controls, so users can protect their information from getting to third-party individuals.
Key Features of Facebook
- allows you to maintain a friends list and choose privacy settings to tailor who can see content on your profile.
- allows you to upload photos and maintain photo albums that can be shared with your friends.
- supports interactive online chat and the ability to comment on your friend’s profile pages to keep in touch, share information or to say “hi.”
- supports group pages, fan pages, and business pages that let businesses use Facebook as a vehicle for social media marketing.
- its developer network delivers advanced functionality and monetization options.
- Facebook Connect allows websites to interact with Facebook using Facebook as a universal login authentication service.
- You can stream video live using Facebook Live.